Canal Holidays in the UK
All-Inclusive Prices (No Hidden Extras)
31 Narrowboats from 2 to 8 berth for Weekly and Short Break Canal Holidays
If you prefer to watch boats rather than be on one, how about a relaxing holiday in our 3-4 star holiday cottage. ‘Waterside’. Our 150 year old detached cottage, is a fun place to be and perfect for guests wishing to sit and relax while watching the boats. Available for weekly holidays and short breaks throughout the year except Bank Holiday weeks when we only accept weekly bookings.
Set in a working boatyard, it is perfect for families wishing to experience a different kind of holiday, with lots of boats coming and going. It is a 20-minute walk to a choice of shops, pubs and restaurants in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire and a 25 minutes walk to a leisure centre. Situated on the edge of the Chiltern Hills, there are many National Trust properties, and other historic sights and places of interest nearby.
Sleeps up to 11 in 6 bedrooms.
Special rates for 1 to 5 and 6 to 8 guests.
To book, please phone the Booking Office on 01525 372355.
Office hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm and Sat (Apr-Nov) 9am-5:30pm.
Lounge with oak beams and log burning stove. Conservatory and terrace. Farmhouse style kitchen, 4 bedrooms on the ground floor, 2 bedrooms in the attic (single leading through to a twin) and 2 bathrooms and a shower room.
- 1 en-suite double (5 ft bed).
- 1 double (this was the bunk bedroom)
- 2 twins
- Attic rooms, stairs to 1 single leading through to 1 twin with sloping ceilings, ideal for teenagers.
- All Sheets and Duvets provided FOC. (Bath Towels if required £1 each.)
- Travel cot & high chair supplied - please bring own cot bedding.
Lounge with log burning stove, wooden beams and French doors to conservatory. Freeview TV, DVD player.
Small attic lounge suitable for up to 3 people with TV and DVD player.
Dining Room Large farm house table and chairs. One high chair provided.
Kitchen Well-equipped, farmhouse-style with gas cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher.
Bathrooms Waterside has three bathrooms, one downstairs en-suite from the master bedroom, with WC, two hand basins, bidet, shower, utility area with washing machine and tumble dryer. Then on the ground floor one with WC, basin, shower over bath and heated towel rail and one shower room with WC, basin and heated towel rail.
Garden Large shared boatyard grounds with small, private back garden with barbecue and picnic bench and front terrace with table and chairs overlooking the canal.
Parking for 4 cars outside cottage, further cars can be left in the boat yard car park.
- Full gas heating and electricity all included.
- Log burning stove - Logs £8 per basket - please do not bring your own logs as they may not be a suitable size for the stove.
- Access to canal frontage (children take care).
- You can bring your own canoe/dinghy for use on the canal, a licence is not required if you are a member of the British Canoe Union.
- Buoyancy aids available.
- Fishing - national rod license required. (local day tickets £3) No fishing at boatyard.
- Milton Keynes - Xscape, Airkicks and very large indoor shooping centre.
- Whipsnade Zoo 8 miles.
- Woburn Abbey & Safari Park 5 miles.
- Stoke Bruerne & the Waterways museum 20 miles.
- Aylesbury, Bedford and Hemel Hempstead all within 20 miles.
- Chiltern Hills, Ridgeway walk & Tring Reservoirs 6 miles.
All male/female parties or mixed parties under 25 years at the owners discretion.
No smoking inside the cottage. No pets.