Canal Holidays in the UK
All-Inclusive Prices (No Hidden Extras)
35 Narrowboats from 2 to 8 berth for Weekly and Short Break Canal Holidays
Canal Holiday Safety
Canal holidays are one of the safest ways to enjoy a holiday afloat.
Wyvern boats include the following safety features to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
- A lifebuoy - carried in a position within easy reach of the helmsman.
- Two self-inflating adult life jackets are onboard every boat.
- A gas leak detector - positioned in the gas locker to enable regular gas checks.
- Carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- All gas appliances are inspected by Gas Safe registered engineers.
- All gas boilers have external flues.
- Electric fridges.
- All mattress foam and insulation materials are fire retardant.
- Three fire extinguishers and a fire blanket.
- A first aid box for minor injuries.
- Non slip tread pads on the gunwales and handles on the front corner of the cabin roof to ensure safe stepping on and off at the bow.
- An emergency stop valve fitted to the engine fuel system.
- Battery master switches between the boat electrical system and the batteries.
- Every boat has a permanently fitted anchor for river work.
- Canal & River Trust Boat Safety Certificate.
- Personal safety issues will be explained in your tuition and you will be asked to sign a 'Boat Acceptance Certificate' to show that you have understood the instruction on handover.
- The British Marine Federation's Hire Boat Handover Audit Programme. Wyvern Shipping have undertaken the voluntary independant inspection of their handover procedure by the British Marine Federation to ensure good practice and to help promote safe enjoyment of the inland waterways.
Buoyancy aids are supplied free of charge on request, not just for children but for any crew member who cannot swim or would be happier wearing one. All our vests are 100 newton buoyancy aids.